A skillet dish with chicken, rice and coconut. The original calls for boneless chicken breast, but I prefer chicken thighs.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- In a large, deep skillet with lid, over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk, water, rice, and chicken, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the spinach into the skillet, and cook just until heated through.
- Sprinkle with coconut.