1/2 Photos of Polynesian Chicken Fafa
A skillet dish with chicken, rice and coconut. The original calls for boneless chicken breast, but I prefer chicken thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1In a large, deep skillet with lid, over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- 2Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- 3Mix in the coconut milk, water, rice, and chicken, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 4Stir the spinach into the skillet, and cook just until heated through.
- 5Sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polynesian Chicken Fafa
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 22.7 g