Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me about 20 years ago when I was looking for cheap and simple ideas. I am so sorry I lost touch with the lady that gave it to me. She was a fabulous cook. It is good enough for company served over white rice with a salad on the side.
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts or 8 -12 chicken thighs
- 1 bottle French dressing (The orange coloured one)
- 1 can cranberry sauce (NOT JELLY)
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix (the kind used for dips)
- 1⁄2 cup water, about,if needed
- You can add other stuff if you like: Onions, mixed veg.
- (the frozen blend works best) Almost anything goes.
- Wash and skin chicken (if desired, it really doesn't matter).
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a good medium sauce mixture.
- Pour over chicken and back at 350F until chicken is cooked through.
- It usually takes my electric oven about 45-50 mins.
- (I like to be sure the chicken is really cooked).
- I have also cooked this in my crockpot starting in the morning so that it can be eaten for dinner.
- Just add a little more water about l cup total should be enough.
I loved this dish! I put it over rice like you suggested and that really set it off. The chicken was so moist and tender and the flavor was very delicious. Thank you for a great recipe.