Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend, Jean. We have a monthly potluck at my Church and when she brings this recipe, there are lots of smiles on everyone's face. It is absolutely delicious. Placing here for safe-keeping.
- 12 large chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- flour (for dredging)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (fresh is better)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and brown in oil. Remove and layer in a large pan.
- Place pineapple juice in a 2 cup measuring cup and fill with water to the 1-cup line. Add sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, bullion cube and ginger and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Layer pineapple and pepper rings over each piece of chicken (cut rings in half if necessary). Pour liquid over chicken and pineapple and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.