Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is absolutely delicious. It is very summery recipe since you can grill and enjoy a nice summer afternoon. I got this recipe from the Publix Family Style Magazine Summer 2010 edition. I have made the recipe once and cant wait to make it again. It is very good and can be made pretty quickly!
- 177.44 ml pineapple juice (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml dijon-style mustard
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 chicken thighs (skinned if desired) or 12 chicken drumsticks (skinned if desired)
- fresh ground pepper
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine pineapple juice, honey, mustard, soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 more minute. Remove from heat. Transfer half of the sauce to a bowl; cover and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For charcoal grill arrange medium-hot coals around drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken on grill rack over drip pan. Cover; grill until chicken is no longer pink or 165 degrees Farenheit, brushing frequently with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For gas grill preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.).
- Note: If you do not have cornstarch on hand, you can substitute with 3 Tsp of all purpose flour.
Loved the flavorful sauce on this chicken! We used boneless skinless breasts which for me was perfect with the sweet/savory sauce. I think this would be great with pork chops too. Grilled over charcoal and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by NorthwestGal
Outstanding recipe! The chicken was so moist and quite tasty. We've had so many rain storms lately, so I couldn't grill and broiled instead. But I know this will be great this summer when the weather allows us to grill outdoors. Thank you for sharing your recipe, anadabest. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.