Recipe by * Pamela *
Quick and Easy!
Top Review by ColCadsMom
This recipe looked so easy and delicious I really wanted to try it, but for some reason I kept thinking pork chops instead of chicken, so that's what I used. I did use recipe#24952, but used Kraft Thousand Island and store brand orange marmalade. The chops were bone in, and a little fatty, so the sauce was really thin. I put it in a sauce pan and it thickened quickly with a water and cornstarch slurry. This was super easy to make and really good! Can't wait to try it again the RIGHT way with chicken!
- 3 lbs boneless chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup thousand island dressing (I recommend Thousand Island Dressing)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix (I recommend Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken thighs in greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine remaining 3 ingredients in small bowl. Pour over chicken. Bake, covered, in 350ºF (175ºC) oven for about 1 1/2 hours, turning chicken halfway through cooking time, until no longer pink inside. Remove cover for last 15 minutes to thicken sauce if desired.
- **For OAMC: place all ingredients into a large ziploc bag. Label and Freeze. TO serve: Defrost overnight, dump ingredients into baking pan and cook until done, about 1 1/2 hours.**.
- I think this would also work in a crockpot as well.