Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This slightly sweet marinade is wonderful on this grilled chicken that is topped with pineapple slices at the end of the cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 4 teaspoons coconut flakes (optional)
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic and mix well.
- Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop.
- Place chicken on plate.
- Brush both sides of each chicken breast with soy sauce mixture.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature to marinate.
- Heat grill.
- When ready to barbecue, oil grill rack.
- Place chicken on gas grill over medium high heat.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- Top each with pineapple slice during last few minutes of cooking time.
- Serve sprinkled with coconut, if desired.
I substituted chicken thighs and added sesames oil.Then I served it with coucous. Delicious!!!