Recipe by Kree
I found this recipe on the Food Network website. It looks way too delicious! It's from the show Weighing In. I would definitely half this recipe, but thought I'd post it as is.
Top Review by danna_burgess
I made this for a group of 15 and everyone loved it. The star anise was the mystery ingredient that everyone loved but could not identify. I did overcook a little - no one complained, but I knew it was a bit dry. As for the recipe quantities, I tweaked it a little by doubling the amount of hoisin. I put the onions and cilantro on the table and left it up to each person to garnish according to their preference and that worked out well.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 10 green onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves