Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this easy dish for over 40 years, and everyone I serve it to just loves it. Whenever I have a luau, it's on the menu.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 -6 chicken parts, for 4-6 people (use your favorite parts)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained with juice reserved
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut
- Melt butter in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Combine next 6 ingredients. Add egg and reserved pineapple juice. Beat until blended.
- Dip chicken in batter. Shake off excess and roll in coconut. Dip chicken in butter and turn dipped side up in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Top with pineapple slices and continue to bake for 20-30 minutes until tender. (A meat thermometer should register 180 degrees).