A low-guilt sweet treat that my hippie mother made all the time. So good, most people don't guess they're not terrible for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine filling ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to low boil, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Continue to stir/cook until mixture reaches a thick consistency and the dates have absorbed the juice.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Then, in a medium-large bowl, combine ingredients for the crust. Once mixed fully, it will be crumbly, but slightly sticky.
- 4Press about half of the crust mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Top with the filling, then crumble the remainder of the crust mixture atop the filling.
- 5Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polynesian Bars
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g