Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These taste very rich and buttery! I've included the chilling time in the prep time.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (chop in food processor)
- powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat margarine'til softened.
- Add sugar; beat'til fluffy.
- Stir in flour, nuts and a dash of salt.
- Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes; remove and roll in powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely and roll again in powdered sugar.
These are so easy to make and taste terrific. I am use to having pecans in these type of cookies, but really enjoy the flavor of the walnuts. I also love this cookie for the almond flavoring. Reminds me of these little Danish cookies. I baked the first batch at the 15 minutes recommended and they were just on the edge of burning. So the 2nd batch I baked as 12 minutes and they came out perfect.