1/2 Photos of Polvorones (Mexican Wedding Cakes)
A traditional Mexican recipe that my friend Fay gave me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400^F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat shortening and butter until fluffy.
- 3Add sugar a little bit at a time.
- 4Add egg yolks, orange juice, and peel.
- 5Stir in flour with spatula.
- 6On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 3/4". Cut out 2 1/2" circles and place them on a greased baking sheet. Roll the dough scraps and continue to roll until all the dough is used.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them--they are done when they are barely starting to tan.
- 8Transfer to a rack to cool.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar through a fine sieve.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polvorones (Mexican Wedding Cakes)
Serving Size: 1 (912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of