Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I love polska kielbasa, but the only way I'd ever had it was drowned in BBQ sauce. Since I'm not a BBQ sauce fan, I needed to find another way to utilize this delicious sausage. This is especially good served with pierogi. This dish holds up well for leftovers as well.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 large summer squash, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Over a large skillet, use kitchen shears to cut the bacon into pieces. Fry until bacon is crisp.
- Add the polska kielbasa slices. Stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan, followed by the squash, onion, and red peppers.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
- Add salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash. Stir lightly.
- Add spinach and nutmeg, stirring just enough to incorporate the two.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted and serve immediately.