Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from here = http://www.zonefresh.com.au/component/content/51?task=view uploaded to keep and to share. If you're in Brisbane I highly recommend checking out the link above, the shop has some super yummy things :) Quantity and Time are estimates only, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
- 1 kg ground pork or 1 kg veal
- 125 g ground pecorino siciliano cheese
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs, soaked 3 minutes in milk and the excess squeezed out
- 3 eggs
- 29.58 ml minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- organically grown lemons or orange leaves, rubbed with olive oil
- grated lemon zest or lemons or orange juice
- Combine all the ingredients except the leaves, and make many slightly flattened meatballs small enough that you can wrap each in a leaf (use a toothpicks or skewers to keep them rolled).
- Grill the meatballs until done and squeeze with lemon before serving. (The leaves are not edible, so you may wish to wrap the leaves in a manner that will be quick to unwrap.).
This is a delicious little appetizer! I have a calamondin citrus tree so when I first read the recipe I loved the idea of wrapping the leaves around little meatballs. I was not sure though when reading the recipe if the leaves might be edible after being grilled, well, unfortunately, they are not! The removing of the leaves is a bit tedious, besides, the meatballs needed a dipping sauce, they are a tad dry on it's own. All in all, this was a tasty and unusual treat, thanks for posting! Made for "My 3 Chefs" tag game; June 2012.