Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a great dip for parties and gatherings. very easy to make and quite goodto eat!
- 1 can white crab meat (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup ajvar (at specialty grocers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- vegetables, for dipping
- 1 loaf round bread
- hollow out the bread-saving the pieces you pull out.
- combine all ingredients and stir together-put the mixture inside the bread and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- serve with veggies and bread pieces.
This was wonderful! I adore ajvar and this was a great way to use it! I used hot ajvar so I didn't add the red pepper flakes. I also added an additional can of tiny shrimp to the dip. Everyone at the party went wild for this. It will be my go to crab dip from now on as I always have the indregients on hand. The flavors meld wonderfully and it is very decadent.
I was looking for a way to use a jar of ajvar that my mother gave me. I made this for a party and it was great but some people were so so on it. It is great served with some pita chips.