Recipe by salvador1709
Havn't tried this one yet but soon. Just found it on the net and thought I'd share with you. Hoping for some reviews.
Top Review by Chef Kelli S.-H.
That was awsome...it was like truly out of a Mexican restaurant. Was not too complicated to make and tasted great. I left out the jalapeno and did not feel that anything would be missing. I had never done roasted peppers before, so I had to find a receipe for that and here it is in case somebody else would need it too: half the peppers, oil them with cooking spray (or oil) and broil for 15 minutes until beppers are blackened, frequently checking and turning around. Once beppers look black, place them in a paper bag (shopping bag, bottle bag) for 15 minutes until they are completely cooled, then clean out the seeds and peel off the skin and ready they are. Ps. I was nervous about them turning black, but it later turned out that the blackened skin peeled off very easy while unblackened parts needed some more "assistance" and the taste was great. Will probably use the pepper salsa for some other dishes too. I served the fish and pepper salsa with brown rice to make it a whole meal. This one is definately a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 24 ounces pollock fillets
Three Pepper Salsa
- 1 small roaster green pepper
- 1 small roaster red pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tequila, the juice and zest (being sure no pith is included) of lemon and lime, garlic, oil and pepper; marinate pollock one hour.
- Remove pollock from marinade; drain.
- Charbroil allowing about 10 minutes per inch of thickness measured at its thickest part or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve two fillets per plate. Place Three Pepper Salsa over 1/3 of fish. Garnish with red pepper, cilantro, lime slices and sour cream.
- Three Pepper Salsa:
- Combine roasted, peeled and diced peppers,.
- seeded and chopped jalapeño, chopped tomatillos, chopped cilantro, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced green onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Makes about 1 1/3 cups.