Girl from India's Note:
A really grand meal from the Femina Cookbook> I make it for cozy dinner at home for DH and me ;)I substitute some of the ingredients but am posting the original. Why should you guys miss out if the original ingredients are available for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil and saute the chicken breasts in it till the chicken looks pinks (5 mins approx) Season and cook till done In another pan heat the bacon and saute (the recipe says to use some oil to saute but then bacon leaves oil so I do not do so) Stir the bacon into the chicken.
- 2Then stir in the bechamel sauce, cream and wine and cook for 5 mins on low.
- 3In the meanwhile mix the saffron (dissolve in a little warm milk) into the rice.
- 4Put into 4 bowls and press.
- 5Empty these bowls onto 4 individual plates so that they looks like yellow rice mounds.
- 6Serve the chicken at the side of each mound.
- 7Also serve grilled or stir fried carrots and green peas for a simple but classy meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Zafrano
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: