Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really grand meal from the Femina Cookbook> I make it for cozy dinner at home for DH and me ;)I substitute some of the ingredients but am posting the original. Why should you guys miss out if the original ingredients are available for you.
- 4 chicken breasts (700g)
- 10 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 g bacon, chopped
- 300 g bechamel sauce (You can use #62371 of Evelyn)
- 100 g fresh cream
- 30 ml white wine (I as usual use rum and stock most of the time)
- 1 g saffron
- cooked rice, as required
- Heat the olive oil and saute the chicken breasts in it till the chicken looks pinks (5 mins approx) Season and cook till done In another pan heat the bacon and saute (the recipe says to use some oil to saute but then bacon leaves oil so I do not do so) Stir the bacon into the chicken.
- Then stir in the bechamel sauce, cream and wine and cook for 5 mins on low.
- In the meanwhile mix the saffron (dissolve in a little warm milk) into the rice.
- Put into 4 bowls and press.
- Empty these bowls onto 4 individual plates so that they looks like yellow rice mounds.
- Serve the chicken at the side of each mound.
- Also serve grilled or stir fried carrots and green peas for a simple but classy meal.