Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this recipe on Pintrest after looking for a good plantain recipe.
- Cut plantains diagonally or round; should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Drizzle oil into frying pan just enough to coat the bottom of the pan and place on medium heat.
- When oil begins to shimmer, add plantains (work in batches), and fry for 1½ minutes on one
- Flip and cook for 1½ minute on the other side.
- Remove plantains from pan and rest on paper towels to dry oil.
- Remove from paper towels to avoid plantains stick to paper.
- Continue frying in batches until all the plantains are fried.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt to give a sweet and salt taste to your Fried Ripe Plantains.