Recipe by chicagorob
This is a surprisingly easy Central American dish to create. My wife, one of my toughest critics, loves this simple chicken and sauce combo.
Top Review by lalalucy
I saw this recipe and figured the combination of ingredients were so random it had to be good. I balked at the 4 onions-is that a typo? I had half an onion in the fridge so I just used that. I think 4 onions would soak up all the sauce and there wouldn't be any left for the chicken! Or is that the point? Anyways, this was strange but good. This was one of those that I enjoyed more the next day as leftovers. Usually I skip over some ingredients but I made this exactly as described and look forward to making it again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grape juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big skillet, melt the butter and olive oil. Sauté the onion until soft and golden.
- Blend the Worcestershire and hot sauces into the grape juice and vinegar. Add to the sautéed onions along with the tomato paste and herbs.
- Simmer over very low heat until the flavors blend.
- Grill or broil the chicken separately and mix with the sauce. Heat through and serve.