Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe similiar to that of Carabba's Itallian Restaurant.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto ham
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup clarified butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sweet basil, chopped
- lemon butter (above)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For Chicken: Open chicken breasts and place butterfly-style on grill. (Optional: over white-hot coals of live oak and pecan wood)
- Grill 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, hold breast halves together and stuff each breast with one slice of prosciutto and 1/8 cup Fontina cheese.
- Secure with wooden picks. Set aside in a warm place.
- For lemon butter and topping: In a large saute pan over medium heat, combine clarified butter, garlic, and onion and saute until tender.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add unsalted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to lemon butter and saute 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Add basil and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and top with mushrooms in lemon-basil butter and serve.