Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and deliciously decadent chicken roll-up.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup andouille sausage, removed from casing
- 1⁄4 cup toasted breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup mixed cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the Andouille, breadcrumbs, and grated cheese in a food processor and mix thoroughly. Avoid over mixing.
- Lay the chicken on a piece of plastic wrap and fold the wrap back over the meat. Pound the breast out to as thin as possible without tearing it apart.
- Peel the wrap off the top of the breast and arrange it lengthwise in front of you.
- Lay the sausage mixture and the chopped onions out in a line on the lower portion of the breast.
- Using the wrap much like a sushi mat, roll the breast up and over the mixture. Secure the edges with toothpicks.
- Sear the roll until golden brown on all sides in an oven-proof skillet.
- Place the slice of cheese on top and place in the oven for 10 –15 minutes.