Top Review by Robolyst
We did it at 350 for a project for my son's Spanish class at school and it turned out great. Only change he suggested to do next time, is to buy chicken already skinned. He thought that was particularly gross :-) Seems all the cooking projects come up when my wife is out of town on business. As an addition, we broiled it for about just a bit over a minute at the end to give the apples just a hint of nice crispy texture on the outside which complimented the moistness of the chicken.
- 1 whole chicken, about 2 kg
- lemon juice
- 1 onion, cut up
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the chicken, cut it in pieces; season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in a glass baking dish and add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary and wine.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Roast in the oven at 375°, in the same dish covered with the same foil for one hour.
- Meanwhile, grate the apple and mix it with the water and sugar.
- Take off the foil, cover the chicken in the apple mixture and continue cooking for 20 minutes more until the chicken is browned.