The Italian Cook's Note:
tender sauteed breast of chicken in a lemon cream sauce with capers and artichokes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oil in small saute pan.
- 2salt and flour chicken and pat off excess flour.
- 3add chicken to pan and brown both sides.
- 4remove chicken and pour out excess oil.
- 5add lemon juice, I use the lemon juice that comes with the squeeze tops, so its about 1 and a half swirls around the pan, start at the handle, If I had to guess I'd say 2-3 seconds and maybe 1/4-1/3 a cup.
- 6the lemon juice should simmer a bit, but don't worry, now add the cream and if sauce is too lemony in the end add a little extra, capers, artichokes, butter, and a nice pinch of salt and pepper.
- 7let the sauce reduce until 3/4 done, when the bubbles begin to get bigger, then turn off the heat.
- 8add the chicken breast to the pan and let sit for one minute and flip to coat the other side.
- 9the chicken should be thoroughly cooked and juicy.
- 10pour sauce over chicken on plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1575.8
- Calories from Fat 796
- Total Fat 88.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 590.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 60.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: