Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
tender sauteed breast of chicken in a lemon cream sauce with capers and artichokes
Make and share this Pollo Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- heat oil in small saute pan.
- salt and flour chicken and pat off excess flour.
- add chicken to pan and brown both sides.
- remove chicken and pour out excess oil.
- add lemon juice, I use the lemon juice that comes with the squeeze tops, so its about 1 and a half swirls around the pan, start at the handle, If I had to guess I'd say 2-3 seconds and maybe 1/4-1/3 a cup.
- the lemon juice should simmer a bit, but don't worry, now add the cream and if sauce is too lemony in the end add a little extra, capers, artichokes, butter, and a nice pinch of salt and pepper.
- let the sauce reduce until 3/4 done, when the bubbles begin to get bigger, then turn off the heat.
- add the chicken breast to the pan and let sit for one minute and flip to coat the other side.
- the chicken should be thoroughly cooked and juicy.
- pour sauce over chicken on plate.