Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Chi-Chi's mexican restaurant Very good grilled chicken
- 15 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Pound chicken to flatten 1/4" thickness.
- In a large zip bag combine everything and add chicken,seal and squeeze air out turn to coat chicken chill 6-8 hours or overnight turn bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken and grill drizzle with any remaining marinade.
With this dish I lemon zest instant of lime and curry powder instean of cumin, and WOOOOW! I served it with homemade refried beans and spanish rice, and that also just blew the roof off the house. This dinner tasted straight from a restruant. What a wonderful dish NovaLee. Thank you so much for posting this. I will be making it again.
This was awesome - tasted just like I remembered!
Fabulous... I added more lime than the recipe calls for, but it is just like I remember the Chi-Chi's chicken!!! It is my favorite way to eat chicken.