Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light summer pasta full of great flavors and a special ingredient that adds a different texture to your pasta dish.
- 8 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 8 cups cooked linguine
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (romano mixed works too)
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet and saute chicken, garlic, and basil funtil chicken is cooked through.
- Add veggies and cook until tender, add cooked broccoli last.
- Add cooked linguine to pan and toss.
- Add eggs and stir over medium heat to coat all ingredients and thicken.
- Add tomatoes and cheese last and toss.
- season to taste with slat, and freshly ground pepper.
- I usually add more cheese at the table.
- This goes great with garlic bread and salad to complete your meal.
It's kind of funny, but when I put this on the table and my sister ate it, she said it was ok, that it should probably be a solid 4. Before she was finished she told me it had to be a 5! I agreed, but it didn't take me as long as I liked it from the first bite. However, I did have to add a little white wine before I tossed in the cheese, as it was a little too dry. This could very well have been my fault because I didn't turn the heat down after sauteing chicken. Thnx for posting. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.