Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken Skillet Supper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, cut up, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into thirds
- Toast pine nuts.
- Combine salt, pepper, oregano, celery salt and pepper flakes in a small bowel. Mix well and rub evenly over the chicken.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the chicken pieces skin side down.
- Add lemon juice and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, turning the pieces every 1o minutes.
- Transfer the chciken to a platter.
- Add onion and potatoes to pan, increase the heat to medium high and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken broth or wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the beans and return the chciken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Serve with some of the sause and a sprinke of pine nuts over the top.