This is a yummy version of chicken stew that I got from my Puerto Rican inlaws. Very tasty and inexpensive to make. I have never measured the ingredients so I guessed on them. Serve over white rice with some corn niblets and you have a very filling, delicious meal. Can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (or more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- hot cooked white rice, made with a bit of
- oil, and
- 1Heat a large saucepan and add the oil.
- 2Add chicken and brown on all sides (won't be cooked at this point.).
- 3Add tomato sauce, water, veggies and spices.
- 4Simmer 15-20 minutes until veggies are tender and chicken is done.
- 5Serve over the white rice. I serve corn with it.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Guisado ( Chicken Stew )
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 713.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sazon goya con culantro y achiote