Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
This recipe is courtesy of Fernando Ezeta at Maria's Taco Xpress in Austin, TX, featured on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives.
- 32 ounces chicken thighs, boneless
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces chipotle hot sauce, canned
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 14 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 9 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the chicken for 25 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- In a blender combine the tomatoes, chipotle sauce, garlic, cumin, pepper, salt and add 9 ounces of water and blend for a few seconds.
- In a saucepan add the vegetable oil and onions and cook for 3 minutes or until the onions turn golden.
- Add the chipotle mixture and the chicken to the saucespan with the onions and cook over medium heat 15 minutes.