Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple chicken dish with all the flavor of your favorite restaurant, to make at home. Good enough to impress any dinner guests.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, halved and drained
- 12 ounces portabella mushrooms, large slice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut in a large dice
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (or more)
- 1 (1 lb) package polenta (in tube)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- baby spinach leaves (to garnish)
- In a medium saute pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter and the garlic.
- Saute until fragrant, but not brown.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper and saute another 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the polenta into 1/2 slices.
- Melt remaining butter and olive oil in another saute pan at medium heat.
- Add polenta and fry on both sides until just starting to brown.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in a warming oven.
- When chicken is just about done, add the artichoke hearts and the balsamic vinegar.
- Stir gently.
- Arrange the polenta slices on a broiler safe platter and spoon the chicken on top of the polenta.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and run under the broiler until cheese just melts and starts to brown.
- Plate on fresh baby spinach leaves that have been dressed with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and a dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with a salad of arugula and oranges, dressed with your favorite vinaigrette and crusty bread.
- Molto Bono.