Recipe by kymgerberich
Top Review by vrvrvr
Bravissima! (Sp?) This was delicious! I used 2 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts but otherwise kept the ingredient amounts the same. I did increase the dried red pepper by another 1/4 tsp. Served with 3/4 lb. of angel hair pasta. I baked the chicken breasts for about 40 minutes - also, I salted them and dredged them lightly in flour before pan frying, so that the sauce would thicken while baking. Perfect. Everyone who ate this (and we had 3 unexpected drop-in guests!) loved it! Can't go wrong with these ingredients or cooking technique. I would happily make this again.
- 3 lbs chicken, cup up
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups Italian tomatoes, whole, with juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken pieces on all sides for about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken to a large casserole.
- In the same oil saute the garlic and onions until golden, then stir in the tomatoes, white wine, chopped parsley, salt, and a little black and red pepper. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, then pour over the chicken in the casserole. Now cover and place the casserole in the oven for 1 hour.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare whatever pasta you desire and serve with the chicken peices and sauce poured over.