Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Peruvian/Ecuadorian dish given to me by a dear friend.....wonderful!!
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- Oil Salt and pepper Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, fry them in oil for a few minutes on both sides, until pale brown. In a separate frying pan, fry the onion, sweet pepper and garlic, adding the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, coriander and the peanut butter. Add the chicken to the sauce, cover, and let cook completely until it is tender, 30 minutes at low to medium heat. Stir occasionally. Serve with Arroz con leche de coco.
excellent recipe! I added some chicked broth (1 cup) because the peaunut butter got very thick.
What a great dish! So easy to prepare and the peanut butter provides a wonderful surprise element that goes so well with the tomato-based ingredients. Thanks, Thymestudio!