1/1 Photo of Pollo en Pina (Chicken in Pineapple)
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pollo en Pina Ingredients
- 3 1/2-4 lbs skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped (save juice)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fluid ounces lime juice
- 4 fluid ounces olive oil
- 4 fluid ounces white vinegar
- chicken stock (if necessary)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed salad green, for garnish
- red pepper (to garnish)
Guatemalan Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1---To Prepare the Pollo---.
- 2Marinate chicken in lime and garlic for two hours.
- 3Grill chicken pieces in a heavy skillet or on a barbecue.
- 4Add remaining ingredients to skillet containing chicken.
- 5If there is not enough pineapple juice, add enough chicken stock to cover chicken pieces.
- 6Cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 45 minutes.
- 7---To Prepare the Rice---.
- 8Wash the rice and allow to dry.
- 9Heat shortening, then add rice and fry until well browned, stirring constantly.
- 10Add tomato and onion.
- 11Cook slightly.
- 12Add water, salt and other vegetables.
- 13Cover and bring quickly to a boil.
- 14Lower heat and cook for 45 minutes or until well done.
- 15---And Now the Hard Part---.
- 16Serve chicken with rice, garnish with peppers, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo en Pina (Chicken in Pineapple)
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 65.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
morton lite salt