1/2 Photos of Pollo En Mole (Chicken in Mole Sauce)
1 hr 10 mins
A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- 2Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- 4Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- 5Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with warm tortillas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo En Mole (Chicken in Mole Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 607.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 30.0 g