Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 warm flour tortillas
- Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
this is an amazingly simple recipe and tastes great! it was my husband's first time having mole (and my hundredth) and he absolutely loved it. i added a lot more chocolate and doubled the recipe because i like a lot of sauce (i serve it over rice). i'm going to use it to make mole enchiladas tonight. thanks for sharing.
This was my first attempt to make my own Mole, rather than buying a can of the base and going from there. This was FANTASTIC!! I made it for my DH for his birthday dish, per his request. I did add more cinnamon (almost 3 times the called amount) and tripled the recipe because we had company coming over. It went over very well, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon this recipe for this sauce. It has everything that I have on hand, and now I will never buy the canned sauce again. Thanks so much!!!
My Spanish teacher made us do a Spanish cooking show project so he laid out different recipes on the table so we can choose one for our project. He told me everybody loved it last year so I decided to make it. when I was almost finish making the recipe I decided to taste it and I hated it. I think its because I prefer Mexican chili mole since I'm a chili addict.