Recipe by coconutcream
A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
Top Review by veg chick 85
this is an amazingly simple recipe and tastes great! it was my husband's first time having mole (and my hundredth) and he absolutely loved it. i added a lot more chocolate and doubled the recipe because i like a lot of sauce (i serve it over rice). i'm going to use it to make mole enchiladas tonight. thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 warm flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.