A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
- Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.