This is another popular way chicken is served in the Canary Islands. Each bar has their own recipe, but the basics are the same. Of course I have a cookbook that is solely variations of "mojo" sauce in the Canaries...that will give you an idea of how much variation there is for "mojo!" I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do! Prep time does not include marinating time, so be sure to allow for that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt until creamy.
- 2Add cayenne peppers and cumin seeds and continue to mash.
- 3Add paprika and mix.
- 4Add oil and mix, then add vinegar and mix again.
- 5Marinate chicken for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- 6(I have made the recipe until this point and frozen the raw chicken-- when you thaw it, it will be even tastier than marinating in the fridge, after thawing, prepare as follows) Heat a small amount of oil over medium high heat.
- 7Fry chicken pieces until cooked through-- for bone-in, about 20 minutes or so, for boneless skinless breasts, about 15 minutes.
- 8May also be done on the grill.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo en Mojo (well sort of)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.1
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 125.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 41.2 g