Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my clone of another Mexican dish that I love to get at one of the local restaurants, Los Banditos.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil the chicken in water until cooked through, drain and set aside.
- Saute the onions in 1 Tbsp butter until softened.
- In the saute pan, add the cream cheese, sour cream and milk, stir until smooth.
- Add green peppers and chicken, cook until heated through.
- Roll each tortilla with some of the chicken filling inside, put into a 11x13 pan.
- When all tortillas are filled, sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Broil until the top is golden brown and bubbly and the tortillas are a bit crispy on the ends.
- Serve with refried beans.
I made this for my boyfriend last week, it was delicious. I added frozen leaf spinach to the filling and it came out so good. I served it with carolina yellow saffron rice...the meal was so good it tasted like it was from a fine Mexican restaurant! Michele
Perfect! I also added the spinach like Michele did. I also added salt, even though it didn't call for that. Great recipe!
This was really good, I added a dash of chilli flakes to give it a little 'zip'. And served with Dianas refried beans, and corn on the cob.