Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious chicken pasta recipe for those who like pesto and tomato sauce, but can't choose!
- 8 ounces penne rigate
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico di genoa pasta sauce (Spicy Tomato & Pesto)
- Cook penne rigate as package directs; drain.
- Combine flour and basil in paper or plastic bag. Add chicken; shake to coat evenly.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken from skillet; drain.
- In same skillet add pasta sauce. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Serve with hot penne.