Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and impressive chicken entree.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup light Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 " x 2-inch rectangular cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour olive oil in baking sheet. Coat sheet with oil using a paper towel. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in between sheets of wax paper and pound with meat mallet until 1/4" thick.
- Cut pounded breasts so that they measure 3" across.
- Pour salad dressing in small bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs in flat dish.
- Dip one side of flat chicken cutlet in salad dressing.
- Place dressing-coated cutlet dressing side down on Breadcrumbs. Press lightly to coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put one rectangle of mozzarella cheese at one end of cutlet. Roll cheese into cutlet.
- Place toothpick through chicken and cheese, fastening it closed.
- Place chicken roll on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side of pasta, vegetables, and/or a salad.
Very tasty. I had some trouble keeping the breadcrumbs on, so I had to roll them in crumbs again after inserting the toothpicks but they turned out great. Thanks.
Very very yummy! And easy to make while quite impressive looking. I think it will fun to play with this recipe too - sneak in a little ham or proscuitto with the stuffing. Maybe a bit of pesto? And pounding those chicken breasts is great fun for working off steam! Thanks for posting. Reviewed for spring PAC 2007