philip dreger's Note:
Crusty and cheesy chicken casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- sea salt
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat removed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach, stemmed, washed, drained and torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups grated asiago cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in ovenproof casserole and cook onion and celery until softened.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large bowel and stir in celery seed, salt, chicken and spinach.
- 4In the same casserole, melt butter of medium heat and whisk in flour until it forms a smooth paste.
- 5Slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken (consistency of pancake batter).
- 6Stir in the nutmeg and salt.
- 7Combine the chicken mixture with the sauce.
- 8Cover the pan and bake casserole for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Uncover and sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- 10Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer, just until the cheese begins to bubble and brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Crostoso
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 53.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: