Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chipotle chilies give this simple to prepare chicken dish a wonderful rich smoky flavour. It may be necessary to increase the number of Chipotles to intensify the flavour of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the soaked chilies in a blender. Measure the soaking liquid in a jug and make up to 1 2/3 cups with the stock.
- Pour the liquid into the blender and process on high until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Place the onions in an ovenproof dish. Add the chicken breasts and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the chipotle puree over the chicken covering each piece and cook in the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the chicken with soured cream, Mexican rice and frijoles de olla.