Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my Mom's favorite recipes. It is great. I love to make it with variations. Sometimes just with tortillas. Other days I make it into a burrito with yellow rice filling under the chicken.
- 6 chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies, cut in strips (Raja)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 large onion, cut in strips
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Fry chicken strips in oil and butter until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Fry onion and chili strips til onions are clear.
- In blender, combine chicken soup, can of chopped chilies and sour cream -- blend to a green sauce.
- Spray casserole dish (9 x 13) with Pam.
- Mix all ingredients together (saving some cheese for top) and pour into pan.
- Add saved cheese to top.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.