1/1 Photo of Pollo Con Mole Poblano - Chicken in Mole Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Serve this famous Mexican dish with serve the dish with rice, homemade pork tamales, picadillo, flour tortillas, and a salad of tossed greens and tomatoes. From Texas Highways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs frying chicken, cut up in serving pieces (you can also use turkey or pheasant)
- oil, for frying
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (store bought, your own recipe or Chili Powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili peppers or 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1Heat a shallow layer of oil in a very large skillet, or use two skillets.
- 2Brown chicken in oil on both sides; add water to cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 3While chicken is cooking, make the sauce by placing all remaining ingredients (except bay leaf) in a blender and processing until smooth.
- 4When chicken is done, drain broth and reserve.
- 5Add 1 to 1 1/2 cup of broth to sauce.
- 6Blend, pour over chicken in skillet, add bay leaf, and cook on low heat for 35 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Con Mole Poblano - Chicken in Mole Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1163.4
- Calories from Fat 672
- Total Fat 74.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 340.5 mg
- Sodium 1539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 89.1 g