This dish is warm and comforting, perfect for a cold winter night. This meal goes great either with a side of rice or with both rice and black or red beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large baking potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (sliced in thin strips)
- 1/4 cup onion (slices sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 large bouillon cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped into thirds)
- 1 poblano pepper (roasted and roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1First start off by bringing your water, potatoes and 1 tbsp chicken flavoring to a boil uncovered.
- 2While the potatoes are boiling melt the tbsp of butter in a skillet and saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes for 5 minutes. Next add the chicken breast strips and cook on medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Check your potatoes. As soon as a fork pierces them and slides in easliy immediately take them off the heat and drain the liquid reserving it in a bowl. Next add half of the reserved liquid in the with chicken and add your sour cream. Bring the heat down to a high simmer or medium low heat.
- 4Make sure to stir the sour cream in fully. Add the rest of the reserved liquid if needed. The mixture should almost coat the back of a spoon. Next, add your poblano peppers, potatoes and the last tbsp of the chicken flavor.
- 5Cover and continue to cook on medium low until the cream sauce coats the back of a spoon and is thickened (10 minutes).
- 6Last but not least season with cracked black pepper and salt as needed and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Con Crema Y Papas (Chicken, Potatoes in Sour Cream Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 661.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.9 g