Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional Mexican dish that my grandmother used to make me.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken wings (cut into sections)
- 3 -4 tender mexican squash (can substitute 4 yellow squash and 4 zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Wash and cut off ends of squash, peel and cut into cubes.
- Measure out spices -- add a little water and put aside.
- Brown chicken in oil, add salt, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add squash cubes, spices and diced tomato.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add drained corn.
- Mix the 1 TBS flour with 1/3 cup water to make a paste -- add to pot to thicken.
Excellent recipe and directions. Peeps luv'd it. Thanks grandma. If your taste for spices is reserved cut spices in half. My kids gobbled it up.
Only have this when we go home & mom cooks it. Living oversees, we rarely get to have this. Thanks for the info, it turned out great!
Haven't had this in years. Muy bueno!