Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken made in the Osso Bucco Alla Milanese method
- 8 chicken thighs
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coat the chicken thighs in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a stove-proof casserole on the stove.
- Brown the chicken until golden all over.
- Add the garlic clove, bay leaf, spices and white wine.
- Cover and cook in medium oven until tender, about an hour.
- Remove from the oven.
- Stir together the parsley, garlic and lemon.
- Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture.
- Serve immediately with risotto.
Delicious chicken and very easy! The addition of the garlic, parsley and lemon at the end IS a nice touch. Will be making this one often! Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
We loved this chicken! I did however make a substitution. I didn't have any wine...so I used beef stock which I needed to use. It gave it a good richness to the dish. I also cooked it on top of the stove. I really loved the garlic/lemon/parsley at the end. It brightened all the flavours. Thanks you for sharing this wonderful recipe!