This is Elena Zelayeta's mother's recipe. You can use chicken breasts or thighs instead of a whole chicken, if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter in a deep skillet and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2Add flour to the drippings in the pan. Blend well.
- 3Pour in broth and wine. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- 4Add olives, mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper.
- 5Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender, turning meat occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Barcelona (Barcelona-Style Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.3
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 259.4 mg
- Sodium 948.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives