Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is Elena Zelayeta's mother's recipe. You can use chicken breasts or thighs instead of a whole chicken, if you prefer.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups broth
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 lb sauteed fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a deep skillet and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add flour to the drippings in the pan. Blend well.
- Pour in broth and wine. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add olives, mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender, turning meat occasionally.
All my favorite ingredients in this wonderful chicken dish, for some heat I added in some cayenne pepper and also when browning the chicken I seasoned it with garlic powder and black pepper, I used chicken broth and also added in chopped fresh garlic with olives, mushrooms and onions, so delicious, thank you for sharing Chocolatel! made for ZWT 5