Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
recipe courtesy of Andy Natal from Torrance, California Prep time is marinating time. May take 1 hr. to cook.
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 juice of a sour orange or 1 the juice of a lemons or 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 laurel leaf (bay)
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons lard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Marinate the chicken with salt, the citrus juice and the mashed garlic for several hours. Drain it but reserve the marinade and then sautée the chicken to golden in the oil or lard. Add the white dry wine, bay leaf, onion, pepper and the left over marinade.
- Cook at a lower temperature, turning over often to make sure all of the chicken cooks evenly, until done (Sonia's note: chicken will be done when no pink juices flow when pricked with a fork - but don't check too often or all juices will run out and leave meat too dry).
- For easier cooking and serving, you can cut chicken up in pieces.
- before marinating. You can add peeled and diced potatoes if you wish.