Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken Tuscany Style
Make and share this Pollo Alla Toscana recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth (not chicken broth)
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces, and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Add remaining olive oil, another single turn of the pan, the remaining chicken pieces and garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove. Add vinegar to the pan. Let it cook off.
- Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes, add flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in wine, reduce 1 minute. Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a bubble.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes to finish cooking chicken through.
Sauce is excellent, but need to reserve garlic for the step with the shallots, as Italian recipes stress not burning the garlic, and the medium-high sauté for the chicken is too much for the garlic. Very tasty! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
What an excellent dish...I made this with Pheasant...I'm always on the look out for a nice and moist chicken dish that would work well with the Pheasant that has a tendency to be on the dry side...this one worked great! We love the flavors...at first I was thinking there was going to be too much rosemary...but not to worry, you could taste it but it wasn't over powering...I did cut the recipe in half to serve the two of us with some left over...btw I used the breast of the bird and left the bone in...served it over rice with a nice broccoli Lemon Parmesan Broccoli yummy! Thanks for posting it...:)
We prepared this dish (serving size 10) for us 4 and 2 third 3 has already gone.
We had to stop one of us as he wanted more.
The rich sauce is delicious and the leftovers will be more than only appreciated tomorrow!
Thanks a lot for this easy and fast recipe!