Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple tomato sauce adds colour and flavour to fried chicken in this quick and easy recipe.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chopped Italian tomatoes, canned
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, drained and finely sliced
- 6 slices ciabatta, toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add the chicken and garlic and fry, stirring often, until the chicken is golden, around 10 minutes.
- Tip in the canned tomatoes, season with oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place 3 slices of toasted ciabatta on each serving plate. Top each serving with a chicken breast fillet.
- Cover each chicken breast with a few slices of mozzarella, then spoon over the tomato sauce. Serve straight away.