Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the book, Central European Cooking from the "'Round the World Cooking Library.
- 2 (2 lb) frying chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup shredded boiled ham
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the ham and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and sage.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375 oven for 40 minutes or until tender.