Recipe by Steve P.
A creamed chicken dish with a Latin Flair. A bit out of the ordinary in that while it is a traditional Latin dish it's one that does not use the more expected tomato type bases.
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 ounce canned mushroom
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan.
- Saute chicken, onion and bell pepper until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender. Add Half & Half, pimientos, mushrooms and chicken base. Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch to milk and mix until dissolved, add to chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve hot over Spanish rice, white rice or as a filling in tortillas.